Thriving on innovation, while building on the solid foundations of experience, JR Automation Technologies, LLC has grown 475 percent since 2009. With 800+ employees spread across 3 geographical locations, we are looking ahead towards continued success and expansion while servicing multiple industries, including automotive, aerospace, medical, and more.
Our Cost and Concept Development Engineering team works on projects starting with a concept and project labor and material quotes that create solutions for our customer’s automation challenges. Teams are made of talented engineers who enjoy thinking outside the box with their team to solve practical problems with no standard solution. The projects we work on offer diverse experiences that strengthen and challenge individual and team skills, resulting in innovative solutions. We value creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking, and a general love for learning. Sound good? Come think, solve, and create with us!
What will your typical week consist of?
- 80% of your time will be spent developing concepts and projecting labor and material quotes that describe key points of the concept such as, sequence of operation, mechanical description, concept drawings, etc.
- 20% of your time will be split between design reviews, customer meetings, and consulting with your project team.
What you’ll learn:
- Latest technological advancements in automation and related industries.
- Robotics, laser technologies, tracking, testing, vision, high speed assembly, and much more.
- We offer different programs and training such as tuition reimbursement and apprenticeship programs to help you embark on new opportunities at JR.
Who you’ll work with:
Customers, Sales Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Controls Engineers, Project Managers, Machine Builders, and Suppliers.
Who you’ll report to:
Concept and Cost Engineering Manager
What to know coming in:
- At least 2 years related experience using SolidWorks 3D CAD or Pro-Engineering.
- Experience with conceptualizations, bills of material, sheet metal, fixtures, and machine design.
- Proven ability to conceptualize team fixtures, machines, or systems to fit a customer’s specific needs.
- History of establishing budgets and assisting in determining sale prices of equipment.
- We are an aggressively growing team who works hard to meet our customer’s needs, causing an average of 48-53 work hours per week.
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefit program that reflects JR’s high regard for our employees and their work.
- State-of-the-art ergonomic workstations, equipped with the ability to raise or lower your workstation to accommodate standing and sitting.
- Mobile storage units to allow for easy moving in order to sit with your changing project teams.
- Recently remodeled engineering areas and meeting rooms.
- Close proximity to the machine build floor where creations will come to life.
- An employee culture that welcomes you like family.
Where you could be in 5 years:
- Lead Concept and Cost Engineer
- Project Manager
- Sales Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer