Thriving on innovation while building on the solid foundations of experience, JR Automation Technologies, LLC has grown 475 percent since 2009. With 950+ employees spread across 3 geographical locations, we are looking ahead towards continued success and expansion while servicing multiple industries, including automotive, aerospace, medical, and more.
Our Cost and Concept teams enjoy thinking outside the box with their team to solve practical problems with no standard solution. The projects we work on offer diverse experiences that strengthen and challenge individual and team skills, resulting in innovative solutions. We value creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking, and a general love for learning. Sound good? Come think, solve, and create with us!
What will your typical week consist of?
- Standardize, write, organize, and manage Cost & Concept quoting documents, including tracking document revisions.
- Develop and maintain templates for the Cost & Concept team.
- Work with cross functional teams to continually improve documents and ease of use.
- Drive process improvement within the department.
What you’ll learn:
- Latest technological advancements in automation and related industries.
- Robotics, laser technologies, tracking, testing, vision, high speed assembly, and much more.
- We offer different programs and training such as tuition reimbursement and apprenticeship programs to help you embark on new opportunities at JR.
Who you’ll work with:
- Cost and Concept Developers, Sales, Engineering, and Project Management.
Who you’ll report to:
- Cost and Concept Developer
What to know coming in:
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Writing, Communications, or related field.
- Minimum Experience: 1 to 3 years of experience in a business or writing environment.
- Minimum Training: Computer proficiency, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud preferred.
- Demonstrated Writing and Editing Skills: Can write accurate technical documents with, clarity, concision, and consistence. Is able to produce documents that serve the needs of appropriate audiences, as well as edit documents created by others to ensure overall quality and professionalism.
- Interpersonal Skills: Can confidently communicate and collaborate through a variety of mediums with a variety of employees, ranging in function and personality. Is able to collect feedback from varying stakeholders and integrate and/or moderate ideas in order to produce quality documents and document management.
- Extreme Attention to Detail: Possesses the ability to identify and rectify inconsistencies, gaps, or other areas for improvement in all internal documents. Attention to detail must be executed in regards to content, formatting, grammatical accuracy, and document deliverables.
- Self-Direction: Ability to stay on task while ensuring a variety of activities can be completed within deadlines.
- Technical / Functional Understanding: Able to serve as a technical resource in regards to document standards and functionality. Must be able to quickly learn technical terms well enough to write with and about them. Must also be able to work through problems that do not have a clear answer.
- State-of-the-art ergonomic workstations equipped with the ability to raise or lower your workstation to accommodate standing and sitting.
- Recently remodeled work areas and meeting rooms.
- Close proximity to the machine build floor where machines come to life.
- Collaborative and innovative work environment with a chance to be challenged and learn from others.
- An employee culture that welcomes you like family.