Thriving on innovation while building on the solid foundations of experience, JR Automation Technologies, LLC has grown 475 percent since 2009. With 950+ employees spread across 3 geographical locations, we are looking ahead towards continued success and expansion while servicing multiple industries, including automotive, aerospace, medical, and more.
Our teams are made of skilled individuals who enjoy thinking outside the box to solve practical problems with no standard solution. The projects we work on offer diverse experiences that strengthen and challenge individual and team skills resulting in innovative solutions. We value creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking, and a general love for learning. Sound good? Come think, solve, and create with us!
What will your typical week consist of?
- Review and interpret customer prints, drawings and parts.
- Develop design drawings using CAD software.
- Create Concepts, System Layouts, Machines and/or Station level models as directed by the Cost & Concept Lead.
- Create solid models and dwg files from sketches.
- Troubleshoot parts requirements and specifications as directed by the Cost and Concept lead.
- Work with supply chain to secure peripheral equipment quotes as requested by the Cost and Concept lead.
What you’ll learn:
- Latest technological advancements in automation and related industries.
- Robotics, laser technologies, tracking, testing, vision, high speed assembly, and much more.
- Solidworks, PTC Creo/Pro-Engineer, NX, and other CAD software.
- We offer different programs and training such as tuition reimbursement and apprenticeship programs to help you embark on new opportunities at JR.
Who you’ll work with:
- Cost and Concept Developers, Mechanical Engineers, Controls Engineers, all levels of management, Machine Builders, Electricians, Customers, Vendors, and Suppliers.
Who you’ll report to:
What to know coming in:
- Certificate or degree in drafting or related field or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in ETO environment preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and CAD software, Solidworks or CREO preferred.
- Strong mathematical ability.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, principles, and machines.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills within a cross functional team
- We are an aggressively growing team who works hard to meet our customer’s needs, causing an average of 48-53 work hours per week.
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefit program that reflects JR’s high regard for our employees and their work.
- State-of-the-art ergonomic workstations, equipped with the ability to raise or lower your workstation to accommodate standing and sitting.
- Mobile storage units to allow for easy moving to sit with your changing project teams.
- Recently remodeled engineering areas and meeting rooms.
- Close proximity to the machine build floor where creations will come to life.
- An employee culture that welcomes you like family