Thriving on innovation while building on the solid foundations of experience, JR Automation Technologies, LLC has grown 475 percent since 2009. With 800+ employees spread across 3 geographical locations, we are looking ahead towards continued success and expansion while servicing multiple industries, including automotive, aerospace, medical, and more.
Our Project Managers enjoy thinking outside the box with teams and customers to solve practical problems with no standard solution. The projects we work on offer diverse experiences that strengthen and challenge individual and team skills, resulting in innovative solutions. We value creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking, and a general love for learning. Sound good? Come think, solve, and create with us!
What will your typical week consist of?
- Participate in the development of a new Product Development Process for JR Automation and assist in the roll-out / implementation.
- Review and revise ISO procedures and documents that support JR Automation’s Product Development Process (PDP).
- Collaborate with the JR Automation’s Training Manager to develop a training curriculum for Project Managers.
- Assist the Director of Program Management in developing a skills and competency matrix for all Project Managers.
- Assist the Director of Program Management with creating a PM Knowledge Center complete with lessons learned sharing.
- Implement Company and professional project management methodology (PMBOK) and industry best practices.
- Assist the Program Management Office (PMO) to maintain and continuously improve, a standard project management process supported by tools and measures.
- Assist the PMO to organize multi-level PM training, including training on process and tools consistent with Company standards.
- Perform project audits to ensure adherence to the JR Product Development Process (PDP).
What you’ll learn:
- Latest technological advancements in automation and related industries.
- Robotics, laser technologies, tracking, testing, vision, high speed assembly, and much more.
- We offer different programs and training such as tuition reimbursement and apprenticeship programs to help you embark on new opportunities at JR.
Who you’ll work with:
Director of Program Management, Project Managers, Training Manager, Mechanical Engineers, Controls Engineers, Machine Builders, Electricians, and Customers.
Who you’ll report to:
Director of Program Management
What to know coming in:
- Minimum Education: Minimum 2 years of college in a technical, business, or project management degree curriculum.
- Minimum Training: Must possess moderately advanced usage of Microsoft Office (Project, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint). Must have proven analytical and problem solving skills, team collaboration and communication skills, demonstrated ability to take initiative on individual and team projects.
- Demonstrated Leadership Abilities: Can lead small projects and coordinate activity among other JR team members. Sets the example through interactions with leadership, customers, vendors, and colleagues.
- Entrepreneurial Drive for Results: The ability to find creative solutions and generate results in a dynamic market environment. Must have a strong sense of urgency and the ability to infuse that in others. Tireless work ethic is a given. Strong Conceptualizations: Ability to see how the elements of an abstract whole fit together and to identify problems that need to be addressed before others does.
- Influencing & Communication Skills: Comfortable communicating both formally and informally with senior executives and communicate openly and equitably with peers throughout the company.
- Technical / Functional Understanding: Able to absorb and understand technical and business information and processes. Able to understand and work successfully in a matrixed, cross-functional team environment.
- Interpersonal Skills: Great listening, open-mindedness, and strong interpersonal skills so that necessary alliances with internal & external groups can be forged and developed quickly.
- State-of-the-art ergonomic workstations, equipped with the ability to raise or lower your workstation to accommodate standing and sitting.
- Mobile storage units to allow for easy moving in order to sit with your changing project teams.
- Recently remodeled engineering areas and meeting rooms.
- Close proximity to the machine build floor where projects you manage will come to life.
- An employee culture that welcomes you like family.