Thriving on innovation while building on the solid foundations of experience, JR Automation Technologies, LLC has grown 475 percent since 2009. With 800+ employees spread across 3 geographical locations, we are looking ahead towards continued success and expansion while servicing multiple industries, including automotive, aerospace, medical, and more.
Our System Administrators are skilled individuals who enjoy thinking outside the box with their team to solve practical problems with no standard solution. The projects we work on offer diverse experiences that strengthen and challenge individual and team skills resulting in innovative solutions. We value creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking, and a general love for learning. Sound good? Come think, solve, and create with us!
What will your typical week consist of?
- Provide user support for Windchill PLM system capabilities including, but not limited to: PDMLink, ProjectLink, PartsLink, SUMA (hereafter referred to as Windchill Solutions) Apache, Windchill directory server, Solr indexing, and PTC System Monitor
- Monitor adherence to JR and industry standards, procedures and remediate techniques to solve problems.
- Troubleshoot user reported software bugs. Submit reproducible bug to vendor for remediation.
- Create, document, teach and promote best practices and procedures for PLM, CAD and engineering authoring tools system and business administration.
- Support all PLM related infrastructure at all JR remote sites with software deployment schemes and processes that allow effective use of the Engineering systems
- Support the creation and definition of the PLM and CAD systems Physical Environment including the construction and configuration of the production, development, integration and any other required environment used in the ecosystem.
- Assist in the hardware selection and evaluation of all core PLM related infrastructure.
- Implement hardware, software and procedural solutions to solve problems or improve processes to meet the needs of the constantly changing global and business environment.
- Support performance monitoring through the development of a reliable and consistent way to monitor system performance and provide alerts when performance falls outside the agreed upon parameters. Host server will be maintained in such a manner to allow the peak performance of the hosted application. This monitoring should be available at the application level.
- Support the development of the overall system infrastructure design through the creation of a visual representation of the required PLM and CAD system architecture. This will include the definition of the network and distributed system design for Windchill Solutions.
- Execute system backup and restoration
- Pre upgrade system testing
- Maintain system documentation
What you’ll learn:
- We offer different programs and training such as tuition reimbursement and apprenticeship programs to help you embark on new opportunities at JR.
Who you’ll work with:
- Customers, Suppliers, Vendors, Mechanical Engineers, Controls Engineers, and all levels of management.
Who you’ll report to:
What to know coming in:
- 5+ years working as a System Administrator
- Training in networking concepts, advance server management methodologies, virtualization concepts, and System Administration Instructor led class.
- Strong power-user level skills in Windchill Solutions and experience with one or more of the CAD modeling packages.
- Familiar with the Windchill architecture and the best practices to support including clusters and replicas.
- Ability to logically approach and solve a wide variety of user and system level problems within Windchill Solutions and engineering software.
- Ability to create technical documentation.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work on more than one project at a time with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment. A willing attitude and aptitude to learn new things in a constantly changing environment.
- Proficiency with Windows operating systems and MS Office Suite
- Ability to rapidly assimilate new and emerging technologies.
- In depth knowledge of Product Development Processes, Engineering Design and Development processes and tools as well as IT processes and environment system and configuration management.
- Proficient oral and written skills in English.
- Exposure with ITAR information and potentially the flowdowns involved with EAR, FAR, and DFAR. Candidates are required to be in compliance with ITAR standards.
- We are an aggressively growing team who works hard to meet our customer’s needs.
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefit program that reflects JR’s high regard for our employees and their work.
- State-of-the-art ergonomic workstations, equipped with the ability to raise or lower your workstation to accommodate standing and sitting.
- Mobile storage units to allow for easy moving in order to sit with your changing project teams.
- Recently remodeled engineering areas and meeting rooms.
- Close proximity to the machine build floor where creations come to life.
- An employee culture that welcomes you like family.