Thriving on innovation, while building on the solid foundations of experience, JR Automation Technologies, LLC has grown 475 percent since 2009. With 800+ employees spread across 3 geographical locations, we are looking ahead towards continued success and expansion while servicing multiple industries, including automotive, aerospace, medical, and more.
Our Customer Service teams are made of talented individuals who enjoy thinking outside the box with their team to solve practical problems with no standard solution. The projects we work on offer diverse experiences that strengthen and challenge individual and team skills, resulting in innovative solutions. We value creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking, and a general love for learning. Sound good? Come think, solve, and create with us!
What will your typical week consist of?
- Acts as the primary contact for the customer for the quoting and project management of aftermarket retrofit and complex service projects that need to be managed.
- Works with Aftermarket Business Development Manager, Service Engineers, JR sales team and other JR customer stakeholders to coordinate customer visits to review their needs for equipment or service and ensure projects are completed to their satisfaction
- Write quotations that convey the key points of the concept; sequence of operation, mechanical description, concept drawings if requested or deemed necessary, and anything that may best create the equipment in the mind of the buyer.
- Communicates with the customer the relative points of the repair or equipment order as they relate to the scope, timing, quality and cost. Negotiate with customer to accommodate for changes in scope or schedule.
- Facilitates customer changes and makes necessary adjustments to timing and cost of the project with the input from the management and sales.
- Develops project plans, monitors and reports project status as it relates to cost, quality and timing on a regular basis.
- Conceptualize and design, fixtures, machines, or systems that meet the needs of the customer or sales team request. Seeks support from other areas (Controls Engineers, Service Engineers, Mechanical Design, etc.) to determine accurate costs estimates and resource utilization during the execution of a project.
- Develop business cases for the equipment or repair that the customer is requesting considering material, labor, timing and scope and recommended sales price to the customer.
- Provide an accurate breakdown of total costs (material, labor etc.) and sales price to ensure accurate accounting of the project while in process.
- Is available as the primary point of contact during the execution of a project if questions or concerns arise. This may include nighttime and weekend support.
- Follow-up with customers on previously sent quotes for feedback.
What you’ll learn:
- Latest technological advancements in automation and related industries.
- Robotics, laser technologies, tracking, testing, vision, high speed assembly, and much more.
- We offer different programs and training such as tuition reimbursement and apprenticeship programs to help you embark on new opportunities at JR.
Who you’ll work with:
Customers, Service Engineers, Sales Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Controls Engineers, Project Managers, Machine Builders, and Suppliers.
Who you’ll report to:
VP Customer Service
What to know coming in:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of experience in robot and equipment service.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Self-motivated and demonstrate strong customer focus, a positive and professional attitude, good computer skills and the ability to work in a very fluid environment with the ability to think outside the box.
- Proven ability to interface well with customers to meet their expectations while ensuring the projects are completed successfully on time.
- We are an aggressively growing team who works hard to meet our customer’s needs, causing an average of 48-53 work hours per week.
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefit program that reflects JR’s high regard for our employees and their work.
- State-of-the-art ergonomic workstations, equipped with the ability to raise or lower your workstation to accommodate standing and sitting.
- Mobile storage units to allow for easy moving in order to sit with your changing project teams.
- Recently remodeled engineering areas and meeting rooms.
- Exciting and dynamic with multiple projects and varying priorities changing on a daily basis which provides opportunity to expand experience in other areas.
- An employee culture that welcomes you like family.