Thriving on innovation while building on the solid foundations of experience, JR Automation Technologies, LLC has grown 475 percent since 2009. With 800+ employees spread across 3 geographical locations, we are looking ahead towards continued success and expansion while servicing multiple industries, including automotive, aerospace, medical, and more.
Our teams are made of skilled individuals who enjoy thinking outside the box with their team to solve practical problems with no standard solution. The projects we work on offer diverse experiences that strengthen and challenge individual and team skills resulting in innovative solutions. We value creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking, and a general love for learning. Sound good? Come think, solve, and create with us!
What will your typical week consist of?
- Operate FARO Edge portable CMM arm with touch and laser scanners using Polyworks software (or similar equipment and software)
- Assist the Business Units by using the CMM equipment as needed for measurement on custom automation projects
- Prepare inspection plans based on part geometry, tolerances, GD&T and functional requirements for optimum performance and accuracy
- Create, correlate, maintain, and revise CMM programs of various sizes and complexity
- Develop and document metrics around CMM programming to present to both internal and external stakeholders
- Provide data reports and visual reports for all programs that require such information for Engineers or customers
- Communicate and clarify the results of each measurement project to JR teams and customers
- Advocate for the available CMM services and their value to the Business Units
- Actively maintain knowledge of latest developments in CMM equipment and practices
- Develop and exhibit best practices for CMM operation at JR
- Ability to bring assignments to a successful completion in accordance with project time allotment
What you’ll learn:
We offer different programs and training such as tuition reimbursement and apprenticeship programs to help you embark on new opportunities at JR.
Who you’ll work with:
Customers, Suppliers, Vendors, Mechanical Engineers, Controls Engineers, and all levels of management.
Who you’ll report to:
Director of Advanced Applications
What to know coming in:
- Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or combination of education and experience.
- Five years related experience in custom automation or CMM operation and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Microsoft Office
- Strong analytical mathematical skills.
- Polyworks software and GD&T training would be helpful, but can also be provided.
- Must be willing to travel between business units (mostly the Holland locations, but possibly also to the Stevensville and South Carolina BU’s) and to customer sites
- Strong desire to continually learn the trade
- Able to problem solve on a daily basis in order to produce a high-caliber product for our customers
- We are an aggressively growing team who works hard to meet our customer’s needs.
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefit program that reflects JR’s high regard for our employees and their work.
- State-of-the-art ergonomic workstations, equipped with the ability to raise or lower your workstation to accommodate standing and sitting.
- Mobile storage units to allow for easy moving in order to sit with your changing project teams.
- Recently remodeled engineering areas and meeting rooms.
- Close proximity to the machine build floor where creations will come to life.
- An employee culture that welcomes you like family.