Thriving on innovation, while building on the solid foundations of experience, JR Automation Technologies, LLC has grown 475 percent since 2009. With 800+ employees spread across 3 geographical locations, we are looking ahead towards continued success and expansion while servicing multiple industries, including automotive, aerospace, medical, and more.
Our Controls Engineering teams are made of talented engineers who enjoy thinking outside the box with their team to solve practical problems with no standard solution. The projects we work on offer diverse experiences that strengthen and challenge individual and team skills, resulting in innovative solutions. We value creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking, and a general love for learning. Sound good? Come think, solve, and create with us!
What will your typical week consist of?
- Design, implement, and document control systems for various types of automated equipment.
- Conduct the electrical/hydraulic pneumatic design, peripheral device programming, machine PLC programming, coordinate the machine debug, power-up, and machine validation with build and electrical teams.
- Ensure that equipment is designed and programmed to customer and/or JR Automation build specifications using standard techniques and approaches.
- Travel to customer sites for installation and startup of equipment.
What you’ll learn:
- Latest technological advancements in automation and related industries.
- Robotics, laser technologies, tracking, testing, vision, high speed assembly, PLC programming, etc.
- We offer different programs and training such as tuition reimbursement and apprenticeship programs to help you embark on new opportunities at JR.
Who you’ll work with:
Customers, Mechanical Engineers, Machine Builders, Electricians, and Business Unit Managers.
Who you’ll report to:
Controls Engineer Manager
What to know coming in:
- 5 years related experience/training or Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year College/University in related engineering field.
- Willing to travel an average of 25%; domestic and international travel.
- If you have knowledge of PLC, HMI, Robot, AutoCAD, Motion Control, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, and/or Vision Systems you may be considered over others for hire.
- We are an aggressively growing team who works hard to meet our customer’s needs, causing an average of 48-53 work hours per week.
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefit program that reflects JR’s high regard for our employees and their work.
- Recently remodeled engineering areas and meeting rooms.
- Close proximity to the machine build floor where your creations will come to life.
- An employee culture that welcomes you like family.
Where you could be in 5 years:
- Lead Controls Engineer
- Project Manager
- Cost & Concept Engineer
- Sales Engineer
- Software Engineer