Thriving on innovation while building on the solid foundations of experience, JR Automation Technologies, LLC has grown 475 percent since 2009. With 800+ employees spread across 3 geographical locations, we are looking ahead towards continued success and expansion while servicing multiple industries, including automotive, aerospace, medical, and more.
Our Business Unit Managers enjoy thinking outside the box with teams and customers to solve practical problems with no standard solution. The projects we work on offer diverse experiences that strengthen and challenge individual and team skills, resulting in innovative solutions. We value creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking, and a general love for learning. Sound good? Come think, solve, and create with us!
What will your typical week consist of?
· Oversee direct labor for a 2 shift fabrication and machine shop across multiple facilities
· Manage both internal and external procurement & sourcing operations including all external procurement of machine and fabrication services and support for work that is non-capable in the fabrication and machine shop
· Optimize the internal & external supply chain to meet customer demand with a 99% OTD rate
· Manage Low Cost Country sourcing as appropriate within the mix of sourcing options to drive cost savings while managing internal capacity requirements
· Develop capacity and planning processes and policies to maximize use of internal assets while optimizing external resources to manage total landed cost
· Draw on deep technical background to advise on best manufacturing methods and processes
· Capable of running a low volume, high mix shop and Engineer to Order environment
· Support Supplier Management initiatives with Strategic Sourcing Team
· Efficiently manage and guide team of Machine & Fabrication Project Managers located in customer facilities to obtain service requirements as well as capacity and rough cut demand information flow from M&F PM’s to the M&F BU to balance running operations
· Develop and implement an efficient run strategy
· Embrace and propagate Lean Six Sigma & Continuous Improvement processes and knowledge
· Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
· Recommend and implement policies, goals, objectives, and procedures within the scope of the business unit.
· Determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees in conjunction with the Human Resources department
· Ensure Safety, OSHA, ISO and quality standards are met or exceeded
· Any other duties so assigned by the VP of Supply Chain as needed from time to time
What you’ll learn:
Latest technological advancements in automation and related industries.
Robotics, laser technologies, tracking, testing, vision, high speed assembly, and much more.
We offer different programs and training such as tuition reimbursement and apprenticeship programs to help you embark on new opportunities at JR.
Who you’ll work with:
Customers, Mechanical Engineers, Controls Engineers, all other levels of management, Machine Builders, Electricians, Vendors, and Suppliers
Who you’ll report to:
Vice President of Supply Chain Management
What to know coming in:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Design, Engineering or related field
15 years of experience in comparable industry or equivalent education. Must have minimum 5 years’ direct management experience and have managed a P&L
Experience using Microsoft Office
We are an aggressively growing team who works hard to meet our customer’s needs
State-of-the-art ergonomic workstations, equipped with the ability to raise or lower your workstation to accommodate standing and sitting.
Mobile storage units to allow for easy moving in order to sit with your changing project teams.
Recently remodeled engineering areas and meeting rooms.
Close proximity to the machine build floor where projects you manage will come to life.
An employee culture that welcomes you like family.