Thriving on innovation, while building on the solid foundations of experience, JR Automation Technologies, LLC has grown 475 percent since 2009. With 800+ employees spread across 3 geographical locations, we are looking ahead towards continued success and expansion while servicing multiple industries, including automotive, aerospace, medical, and more.
Our Machine Build teams are made of talented builders who enjoy thinking outside the box with their team to solve practical problems with no standard solution. The projects we work on offer diverse experiences that strengthen and challenge individual and team skills, resulting in innovative solutions. We value creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking, and a general love for learning. Sound good? Come think, solve, and create with us!
What will your typical week consist of?
- Direct supervision of machine builders and other staff
- Assist with the successful management of machine builds as they relate to cost, quality, safety, timing and customer satisfaction
- Develop the Machine Build department through leadership, mentoring, and training of machine builders, and other staff
- Manage staffing and workload issues, including managing direct, indirect and overtime hours as they relate to workload, budget and timing
- Design, implement and document machine build design systems for various types of automated equipment
- Conduct the machine build meetings, actively participate in the machine debug, power-up, and machine validation with the appropriate power, controls and design teams
- Ensure that equipment is designed and built to customer and/or JR Automation build specifications using standard techniques and approach
What you’ll learn:
- Latest technological advancements in automation and related industries.
- Robotics, laser technologies, tracking, testing, vision, high speed assembly, and much more.
- We offer different programs and training such as tuition reimbursement and apprenticeship programs to help you embark on new opportunities at JR.
Who you’ll work with:
Mechanical Engineers, Controls Engineers, all levels of management, Electricians, and Customers.
Who you’ll report to:
Business Unit Manager
What to know coming in:
- Minimum education: High School graduate or equivalent; college preferred.
- Minimum Experience: Five years’ experience in building complex automated machinery in a leadership position
- Minimum Training: Certificate program completion or equivalent experience and combined education.
- We are an aggressively growing team who works hard to meet our customer’s needs, causing an average of 48-53 work hours per week.
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefit program that reflects JR’s high regard for our employees and their work.
- Modern facilities that are clean and air conditioned.
- Up to date tools and equipment with cutting edge technology.
- Creative and innovative work environment with a chance to be challenged and learn from others.
- An employee culture that welcomes you like family.