Thriving on innovation, while building on the solid foundations of experience, JR Automation Technologies, LLC has grown 475 percent since 2009. With 800+ employees spread across 3 geographical locations, we are looking ahead towards continued success and expansion while servicing multiple industries, including automotive, aerospace, medical, and more.
Our Controls Engineering teams are made of talented engineers who enjoy thinking outside the box with their team to solve practical problems with no standard solution. The projects we work on offer diverse experiences that strengthen and challenge individual and team skills, resulting in innovative solutions. We value creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking, and a general love for learning. Sound good? Come think, solve, and create with us!
What will your typical week consist of?
- Ensure that design is in line with project bid requirements, budget and JR design standards. Attend project meetings with project managers/customers and participate as a positive influence in maintaining excellent customer relationships while minimizing scope creep.
- Design, Specify, and Integrate Electrical, Pneumatic and Hydraulic Control Systems Hardware for Automated Assembly, Test, and Material Handling Systems. Develop accurate Bill of Materials.
- Collaborate with cross-functional project team, including Mechanical Engineering, Machine Builders, Controls Technicians, Project Manager, and Purchasing staff during the design and build process.
- Design Control Software for PLCs, HMIs, robotics, servo systems, machine vision, industrial test systems, etc.
- Install, program, and commission machines at customer's site. Play integral role in system acceptance/sign off at customer facility.
What you’ll learn:
- Latest technological advancements in automation and related industries.
- Robotics, laser technologies, tracking, testing, vision, high speed assembly, PLC programming, etc.
- We offer different programs and training such as tuition reimbursement and apprenticeship programs to help you embark on new opportunities at JR.
Who you’ll work with:
Customers, Mechanical Engineers, Machine Builders, Electricians, and Business Unit Managers.
Who you’ll report to:
Controls Engineer Manager
What to know coming in:
- 3 years related experience/training as a Controls Engineer in an ETO Industrial Automation business or equivalent.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technology and/or other equivalent degrees /demonstrated industry experience.
- Willing to travel an average of 25%; domestic and international travel.
- PLC- Program development from scratch and reference in at least one of the following environments
- Allen Bradley RSLogix5000
- Siemens Step7
- Siemens TIA Portal
- Robot Programming – including off line programming, simulation and teach pendant programming (one or more of the following preferred)
- HMI – Program development from scratch and reference in at least one of the following environments
- FactoryTalk View
- Vision System – application development and support
- AutoCAD electrical drawing package, or equivalent
- Pneumatic circuit design
- Safety circuit design, verification, validation
- SCCR calculation
- Designing for CE, CSA, and UL certifications
- Risk assessment development
- Sistema calculation
- Troubleshooting system and subsystems including:
- We are an aggressively growing team who works hard to meet our customer’s needs, causing an average of 48-53 work hours per week.
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefit program that reflects JR’s high regard for our employees and their work.
- Recently remodeled engineering areas and meeting rooms.
- Close proximity to the machine build floor where your creations will come to life.
- An employee culture that welcomes you like family.
- Where you could be in 5 years:
- Lead Controls Engineer
- Project Manager
- Cost & Concept Engineer
- Sales Engineer
- Software Engineer