Thriving on innovation, while building on the solid foundations of experience, JR Automation Technologies, LLC has grown 475 percent since 2009. With 800+ employees spread across 3 geographical locations, we are looking ahead towards continued success and expansion while servicing multiple industries, including automotive, aerospace, medical, and more.
Our Mechanical Engineering team never designs the same machine twice. Teams are made of skilled individuals who enjoy thinking outside the box with their team to solve practical problems with no standard solution. The projects we work on offer diverse experiences that strengthen and challenge individual and team skills resulting in innovative solutions. We value creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking, and a general love for learning. Sound good? Come think, solve, and create with us!
What will your typical week consist of?
- Ensure that design is in-line with project bid requirements, budget, and JR design standards.
- Attend project meetings with project managers/customers and participate as a positive influence in maintaining excellent customer relationships while minimizing scope creep.
- Design, from rough concept/scratch/reference, mechanical systems per customer specifications.
- Develop accurate Bill of Materials.
- Collaborate with cross-functional project team, including Controls Engineering, Machine Builders, Controls Technicians, Project Manager, and Purchasing staff during the design and build process.
- Manage teams on mechanical engineers working together on large scale projects.
What you’ll learn:
- Latest technological advancements in automation and related industries.
- Robotics, laser technologies, tracking, testing, vision, high speed assembly, and much more.
- We offer different programs and training such as tuition reimbursement and apprenticeship programs to help you embark on new opportunities at JR.
Who you’ll work with:
Customers, Project Managers, Mechanical Engineers, Controls Engineers, all levels of management, Machine Builders, Electricians, Vendors, and Suppliers.
Who you’ll report to:
Mechanical Project Engineer or Mechanical Engineering Manager
What to know coming in:
- Bachelor Degree in an Engineering field
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Industrial Automation.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience is required in an ETO environment.
- Machine design experience with CAD; preferably Creo or Pro-E.
- Experience with SolidWorks is also desirable (Stevensville platform and customer requests).
- Experience with performing engineering calculations with respect to strength of materials, speeds, horsepower, temperature, pressure, force, etc. as related to machine and tool designs.
- Analyzed engineering drawings and specifications to determine shape, dimensions, hardness etc. in the development of equipment, processes, and products.
- Proven ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and/or employees of the organization.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, manage multiple project teams, and develop and maintain design timelines.
- We are an aggressively growing team who works hard to meet our customer’s needs, causing an average of 48-53 work hours per week.
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefit program that reflects JR’s high regard for our employees and their work.
- State-of-the-art ergonomic workstations, equipped with the ability to raise or lower your workstation to accommodate standing and sitting.
- Mobile storage units to allow for easy moving in order to sit with your changing project teams.
- Recently remodeled engineering areas and meeting rooms.
- Close proximity to the machine build floor where your teams’ creations will come to life.
- An employee culture that welcomes you like family.
Where you could be in 5 years:
- Mechanical Project Engineer
- Mechanical Engineering Manager
- Project Manager