Thriving on innovation, while building on the solid foundations of experience, JR Automation Technologies, LLC has grown 475 percent since 2009. With 1100+ employees spread across 3 geographical locations, we are looking ahead towards continued success and expansion while servicing multiple industries, including automotive, aerospace, medical, and more.
Located in West Michigan, or the Greater Greenville, South Carolina area, our Field Service – Robotics/Automation Engineers work with JR Customer Service, a division of JR Automation and a valued partner, providing robotic controls integration, robotic parts, 24/7 emergency service, preventative maintenance, and training for a broad range of industries. Our team members collaborate, communicate, find solutions, and work with customers to ensure they continue production and limit down time.
The successful candidate who enjoys schedule flexibility, deals well with the unknown, works independently, thrives on tight deadlines, and can travel will enable JR Automation to continue to grow and thrive.
The projects we work on offer diverse experiences that strengthen and challenge individual and team skills, resulting in innovative solutions. We value creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking, and a general love for learning. Sound good? Come think, solve, and create with us!
What will your typical week consist of?
- Ensure production continues and limit down time at our customer sites.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain automation equipment including FANUC, ABB, Kuka, Motoman (Yaskawa) and other robotic controllers, mechanical units, transfer devices, and peripheral equipment.
- Local travel up to 80%, with remote travel up to 2 weeks at a time, 50% of the time to provide our domestic customers with superior service; international travel may also be required.
What you’ll learn:
- Latest technological advancements in automation and related industries.
- Robotics, laser technologies, tracking, testing, vision, high speed assembly, and much more.
- We invest in our Field Service Engineers with training and certifications. As a certified service integrator, Our Master Certified Engineers are certified with FANUC robots.
- We offer different programs and training such as tuition reimbursement and apprenticeship programs to help you embark on new opportunities at JR.
Who you’ll work with:
Customers, Mechanical Engineers, Controls Engineers, all levels of management, Machine Builders, and Electricians.
Who you’ll report to:
JR Customer Service Manager
- 5+ years of related service experience in machine maintenance which includes troubleshooting mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and software, as well as performing preventative maintenance and repair, preferably in a robotics/automation environment
- 3+ years of experience with PLC/HMI programming
- Ability to travel locally up to 80%, with remote travel up to 2 weeks at a time, up to 50% of the time
The ideal candidate will have:
- Training in Fanuc, ABB, Kuka or Motoman (Yaskawa) is highly desired
- Fanuc Master Certified or Fanuc Certified is also a plus
- Welding, Vision, Palletizing, Dual Channel Safety (DCS), HandlingTool, ArcTool, SpotTool, DespenseTool experience are all highly desired qualifications for this position.
What to know coming in:
- We are an aggressively growing team who works hard to meet our customer’s needs, nights, weekends, and holidays may be required.
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefit program that reflects JR’s high regard for our employees and their work.
- State-of-the-art ergonomic workstations, equipped with the ability to raise or lower your workstation to accommodate standing and sitting.
- Mobile storage units to allow for easy moving in order to sit with your changing project teams.
- Recently remodeled engineering areas and meeting rooms.
- Close proximity to the machine build floor where creations will come to life.
- An employee culture that welcomes you like family.
Where you could be in 5 years:
- Controls Engineer
- Lead Controls Engineer
- Service Team Leader